Wyoming-raised country singer and songwriter Luke Bell died of an accidental fentanyl poisoning, according to a Tucson, Arizona, forensic pathologist.
Bell, 32, died last month after going missing in the Tucson area. He went missing Aug. 20 and his body was found six days later.
Bell was found in Tucson by passersby, unresponsive in a shaded parking structure, according to an autopsy report from the Pima County Medical Examiner’s office.
Drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.
There were attempts to resuscitate him, the report says, citing markings on Bell’s body from defibrillators, endotracheal tubes and chest compressions.
Other than those markings, Bell showed no signs of internal or external injury.
Bell’s toxicology measured a blood-alcohol concentration of .076, according to the autopsy report. His blood contained 21 nanograms of fentanyl per milliliter.